RULES & REGULATIONS:
METROWEST LEAGUE RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The game length will be two 18-minute halves.
- The clock will run for the first 16 minutes of each half, only stopping for timeouts or injuries.
- In the last 2 minutes, the clock will stop on a shooting foul, non-shooting foul, timeout, injury, or if the ball goes out of bounds. The clock will remain running on a made basket in the last 2 minutes.
- Three-minute halftime.
- Each team will have three timeouts for the entire game. Teams can only call two timeouts per half (45sec)
- The game clock will start to run 5 minutes past your scheduled game time – please be on time and take the floor promptly following the previous game. (i.e., For a 6 pm game, the game clock will start right at 6:05 pm, teams must be ready and on time to play)
- Players are disqualified after five fouls (If a player receives 2 Technical Fouls, they are disqualified from the game).
- You must have at least four eligible players to start a game. Players must play in at least half of the regular season games to be eligible for the playoffs.
- League-provided team jerseys must be worn - 2 free throws can be awarded to the opposing team before tip-off for each player, not in league jersey – the opposing team must notify the referees before the start of the game to initiate this rule.
- If regulation time ends with a tie score, a 3-minute overtime period will be played. The clock will run except for the final minute of overtime. Each team will receive an additional timeout for overtime.
- In non-championship games, if overtime does not determine a winner, additional play will continue and be played the first team to score 5 points to name a winner.
- In any championship game – 3-minute overtime will be repeated until a winner is determined.
- If a player receives 2 Technical Fouls in a game for the second time, they will be automatically suspended for the remainder of the season.
- Any Fighting and/or threatening behavior towards referees or other players will not be tolerated and will result in suspension/dismissal from the league.
Standing and Tiebreakers are determined by:
Tiebreaker #1: Winning Percentage (Highest winning percentage)
Tiebreaker #2: Head-To-Head (Each team with the same record - The team with the most head-to-head wins)
Tiebreaker #3: Point Differential - Largest point differential over games played - Caps at 15/per game.
Tiebreaker #4: Points Allowed - (Team allows fewer overall points score against them over 3 games played)
Tiebreaker #5: Points Scored - (Team scores most points overall in the 3 games played)